USA welcomes people from all around the world to visit and explore famous place in the country by offering them visit visa. however, the US visit visa has been classified in different streams.
• In relation to U.S. visa laws and regulations, all non-immigrant visa applicants should confirm the consular officer that they have strong ties to their home country and that they plan to leave the United States after their temporary visit
• The visa interview days are Monday to Friday and majority of the applicants receive their U.S. visas within 2 business days
• Advance travel planning and early visa application are essential, since visa applications are subject to a greater degree of inspection than previously
• It is very important that the passport of the applicant is in good condition for a U.S. visa application.
To apply for a USA Visitor Visa the following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled:
• Applicants should demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to support themselves and their family for their stay in the U.S.
• Applicants cannot seek or undertake a job
• Applicants needs to have criminal free record and must aim to follow the laws of the country
• Applicants who intend to stay either with their relatives or friends must provide invitation letter
• The USA Visitor Visa allows the applicant to travel all over the U.S. and visit many paces within the country
• Applicant is allowed to visit family and friends
• Visitors can meet with potential employers or recruiters in search of employment opportunities
• Visitors cannot work on a Non-Immigrant Visa as this is against the law
Spouse, common law partner and dependent children must apply individually for their own visiting visas and meet the eligibility criteria.
Required documents are:
• Mandatory Documents
• Additional Supporting Documents required at the time of interview
• Application packet to be submitted to VFS
The visa charges are $160.
The time of processing generally 2 business days, but it may differ due to individual circumstances and additional requirements. In some cases, additional administrative processing may be required. In such cases the American Embassy/Consulate works attentively to reduce any impact on applicant’s travel.
NOTE: Visa Fees may change without prior notice.
USA visitor visa is valid for maximum 10 years depending on the reason for travel.